Saturday, June 30, 2007

Now I get it



Whenever I get home from work, Diana happily greets me with a “this was the greatest day ever…” And then describes in great detail how awesome Elijah is and how hilarious/cute/good he was over the course of the last 8 hours.

However, this is while she is handing Eli over to me, who usually in a red-faced squirmy, pre bedtime fit of rage. I look at him, granted with a heart full of love, and think, “This was fun today?” Unfortunately, my schedule allows me only angry pre-bedtime Eli contact during the week.

I wanted to get in on the non-rage Eli, so I took Friday off work. And wouldn’t you know it, from dawn ‘til dusk he was a happy, cooing, kicking little bundle of awesomeness. It could be his new and improved nap schedule, or it could be his new medicine, or his new stomach (we got him a new stomach at Wal-Mart, they’re right by the Doritos), but he was in a great mood. And as a result, I was in a great mood.

The only bummer is, I have to go back to work on Monday. Diapers and X-Box games cost money.

No comments: