Saturday, June 2, 2007

Everybody's a critic



I think every dad wonders what his kid is gonna be when he grows up. Or better yet, fantasizes about his son growing up to be incredibly famous and buying them a mansion with a really big TV. Yeah yeah yeah, I don’t care what Eli does as long as he’s happy. But sometimes I imagine Elijah as a rock and roll star. Minus the drugs and VD.

Luckily, we’re a pro music house. Diana holds a Bob Marley dance party with Eli every day (I don’t approve due to the future blond dreadlock thing, ew). So this afternoon I broke out the old guitar. I broke out the newly purchased children’s song book and rocked out to “There’s a Hole in the Bucket” and “Bingo” and “Itsy Bitsy Spider.”

Eli’s mood swung from mildly irritated to downright angry. True, I mangled most of the chords and my singing sounded like Grover chewing a wet sock. But give a dad a break, huh?

No comments: