Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cat's in the Cradle



I’ve been super busy this week. On a pitch assignment that is too embarrassing to mention. The worst part is the hours on said idiotic pitch have meant that I went several days this week without seeing my special little guy.

Luckily, Diana is very understanding about my current job stupidity and doesn’t hassle me. But I feel terrible about Elijah. Advertising is filled with divorced hacks who never see their children and somehow believe 30 seconds of television that most of America is leaping out of their chairs to avoid makes up for it.

Am I the only person who is missing this logic?

The good news is I’ve been able to spend the whole day with Elijah. Diana is at a wine thingy and I have baby duty. The hilarious part is today Eli decided to nap for roughly 85 hours. My interaction with him has been peeking in every hour or so to make sure he’s still asleep (he was).

I’m in the let sleeping babies lie camp. Especially since he is not one for the nap. I'm always afraid he's missing way too much sleep. And somehow that will result in him being a black t-shirt wearing punk when he's a teen. I imagine watching him shake out his greasy long hair in my basement and thinking, "If only he napped when he was 2 months old..."

So I spent a large part of the day watching the Cubs/Sox game and leaping out of my chair to turn off commercials.

1 comment:

Fygar said...

Hey, before you point that at anyone, make sure the safety is on.