Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!



Hey gang! I made it to my first Father’s Day.

I have to say, I got exactly what I wanted this year: sleep. The boy and the mommy let me sleep until 9:30 today. Then I got a fantastic breakfast in front of Meet the Press and then Eli gave me a Baby Bjorn, which I think was some kind of hint, and Grover gave me a robe. Nothing says “dad” like a robe. I imagine shuffling around in it 16 years from now yelling at Eli that I didn’t have my own space car when I was his age.

I’m going to keep this short, because I’m going to go cook steaks for dinner, like a dad should. I wouldn’t trade being a dad for all the tea in China. It made me realize there are a million feelings yet to feel. And it made me realize what a fantastic wife I have for giving me such a great boy.

Sorry this isn’t a very funny post. They can’t all be.

Today’s picture is my all time favorite. Taken just minutes after Elijah was born. The look on my face says, “What the Hell just happened?” I’ve pretty much has this expression every day for the last two months.

I raise my ice cold Sierra Nevada to all the fathers out there.

No comments: