Thursday, April 12, 2007

Special Little Guy




No baby today. So I've dedicated today's post to Grover, the bestest dog ever ever.

Have you ever noticed that Grover and Space Dog are never in the same room at the same time? Like for instance, yesterday I was throwing the ball to Grover in the backyard like I always do. Suddenly, a massive meteor comes hurtling towards Earth. Instead of standing there and taking armageddon like a man, Grover pantomimes like he left something on the stove. Which we all know isn't true because Grover doesn't have the opposable thumbs to work the stove. I digress. So Grover ducks under the doggy door.



Well, just as the meteor enters our atmosphere, Space Dog leaps into it's path and smashes it into a billion pieces with his fluffy black tail. My hero. Before I can thank him, or at least give him a Greenie-brand treat, poof. He's gone. Well, then guess who comes strolling back to the yard? Grover. Stinking of space. And instead of a tennis ball, he has this smoking chunk of rock in his mouth.

Needless to say, I lectured him pretty heavily about leaving things burning on the stove. And about how great Space Dog is and how much I wished Grover was more like him instead of a boring beat reporter for the Hamann Eggs Blog. But Grover just sighed and looked at me like I was an idiot.

Actually, Grover smashed his head on a tree today while chasing a ball. Get well soon, special guy.

No comments: