Saturday, February 23, 2008

Slack Jawed Yokel.




Elijah now officially has three new teeth coming in up top. Which means he’s now exactly three times cuter. How do I know? Science. Look it up.

Oh, yeah. The teeth don’t have names. I gave up already.

But the most hilarious part of his new teeth is they’re coming in all wonky. He has a major gap between his two new front teeth. Big enough to drive our Subaru through.

It makes sense because there aren’t any other teeth to keep the new ones in line. We’re told they’ll line up when he gets the full set. But I hope not.

So for now, he looks like a little hillbilly. I desperately want to buy him a tiny pair of overalls and a straw hat. No shoes. No shirt. If he’s good I’ll give him a corncob pipe.

I want him to stand on our front porch and yell at the city folk to “Git off my land!” But he’s still only on “Mama” and “Dada.”

On a completely unrelated note, Diana and I made out our wills today. Leaving Eli the vast Hamann fortune. Line up, future gold-diggers.

We left Grover all our tennis balls.

No comments: