Monday, December 31, 2007

First New Year’s Eve



Diana, Eli, Finn, Steve and I went to the big fancy Children’s museum in Rich Town USA. We met my friends Liz and Chuck, Diana’s friend Mindy, their offspring and about 100,000 other screaming kids for an afternoon New Year’s Eve party. There was music, face painting, balloons, confetti and lots of agitated parents. Needless to say, Eli freaked out.

And as I gazed across the germ factory, Elijah squirming in my arms, watching children fight and throw things and get scolded by their Yuppie parents, I thought, “This is the happiest I’ve been in my life.”

Maybe I’m feeling melodramatic, or maybe I’m trying to write an overblown blog entry because it’s the last one of 2007, but I feel like the luckiest man in the world. I have a great wife, a fantastic baby and at least four awesome friends. Including Grover.

So I wish all the HamannEggs readers a wonderful 2008. If 2007 is any indication, there’re gonna be a lot of hilarious things happening. Probably involving poop.

Now, this next part is to Elijah when he reads this in 2024. So if your name isn’t Elijah Steven Hamann, stop reading.



Dear Eli,

You are the greatest thing to happen to me. I’d walk over hot coals to see you smile. In 2008, I promise to do everything in my power to make sure you're happy. Even if it involves selling my soul to advertising. I also promise to protect you from monsters, scissors, colds and diaper rash. And we're going to have lots of adventures.

Love,

Your dad.



p.s. The next post won’t be so lame. You guys are jerks for reading that Eli message.

No comments: