Saturday, August 4, 2007

Dis. Gus. Ting.



When Elijah was born, we knew it would be a full time job, but we weren’t prepared for the fact that the job is 3 shifts, round the clock. And there aren’t days off. Which means time spent doing non-Elijah stuff (X-Box, drinking, riding your bike over home made ramps) goes right into the diaper genie.

Unfortunately, our housecleaning has suffered over these last 4 months. It happens slowly. One week we skip vacuuming to change diapers. The next, we choose feeding our baby over dusting. Before you know it, opossums are living in our den.

Now, anyone who knew me I college knows I don’t mind a dirty house. One of my landlords decided it would be easier to knock down my house than to try to defeat the funk monster in my bathroom.

Di, on the other hand has OCD (Obsessive Cleaning Disorder. Hahaha. I’m here all week. Don’t forget to tip your waitress). She hates a dirty house and the inability to clean has driven her cuckoo.

So today was Distract Eli While Diana Cleans Day. It basically meant throwing the boy into the Bjorn and taking Grover for an extended walk. You’ll notice I don’t take Eli in the stroller with Grover anymore. I learned my lesson.

So I was in front of Starbucks and this old woman starts hassling me about Eli being too young to be in a Baby Bjorn. I yelled at her, “DON’T YOU BE TELLING ME HOW TO RAISE MY BABY, YOU HAG!” But in reality I ignored her and bought an iced coffee.

No comments: