Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shower Impersonations


Hey gang, I’m back from California for a while. I’m still not up to speed on all the hilariousness that happened while I was gone, so I’ll write about something that happened right before I left.

A few weeks ago, as you recall, Elijah started impersonating Diana. “Hey everybody! I’m mommy!”

Well, much to my delight, Eli has expanded his impersonations to include almost everyone he knows. If you say, “Eli, what does daddy say?”

He’ll respond in a hilarious low voice, (Low baby voice) “Hello. I’m dada.”

“What does grandpa say?”

(Low baby voice) “Hello. I’m grandpa.”

“What does Grover say?”

(Low baby voice) “Hello. I’m Grover.”

So after a long day of playing in the yard, Eli and I took our Sunday night shower together.

I was lathering his hair and he was attempting to soak every inch of our bathroom with the shower thing when he suddenly grabbed his, um, franks and beans.

He began urinating ferociously around the tub while shouting, “I’m dada! I’m dada!”

I said, “How did you know?”

On a somewhat un-related note, Diana had a major breakthrough in the war against naked poo crib flinging. She bough a bushel of large sized onsies. It seems Eli can’t figure out how to un-snap the crotch and is trapped.

There is also the added benefit of him looking like an old timie weight lifter. With Farrah Fawcett hair.

No comments: