Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lame Duck


Sorry I haven’t written much this week, gang. The thing is, I’ve been super happy with the recent announcement of Elijah 2: Electric Boogaloo. And it’s really hard to write jokes when you’re happy. Ask Rodney Dangerfield.

Last night I came home and found Elijah and my brother Steve coloring in the living room. Elijah sprang up and shouted, “Dada!” and leapt into my arms. I was instantly struck by how this kid has no idea what’s about to happen to him. This December, he will be instantly and unceremoniously overthrown as Ruler Of The World.

As he ran around and jumped and laughed, I imagined this was how Julius Caesar’s dad must have felt. Right before Julius Caesar’s little brother was born.

But until December, he will remain Ruler Of The World. And I took his highness upstairs and gave him a royal diaper change and put him in his royal dinosaur pajamas and laid him into his royal crib.

I then went downstairs and addressed Duke Grover. “Grover, you’re getting knocked down to serf in December.” Grover seemed fine with it, as he continued to lick his royal jewels. Bam! I still got it!

I’m in Atlanta, so I don’t have any new photos of Ruler Of The World. So here my approximation of what Elijah 2 will look like

No comments: