Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bad Blogger Bye Bye



Yikes. I just looked at the last time I blogged about the boy. Last Saturday. Sheesh. What kind of bad, non keeping up with the blog kind of dad am I?

Well, I’ve had kind of a tough week at the old salt mines. That coupled with the fact that Elijah is in one of his weeks where he doesn’t leap forward in development by miles and miles. But let me think for a second. There has to be something fun to talk about.

Oh yeah. Eli can pronounce, “Bye Bye.” Up until about two days ago, when I left in the morning he’d do the wave to himself and say, “B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b…” Very cute. Although some mornings I think he’s trying to push me out the door. He’d start in on the “b-b-b-b” while I was still in my towel. I’d say, “Daddy will get arrested if he goes to work like this, son.”

Well, last night I got home in time to relieve Marianna while Elijah was still awake. As she was putting on her coat, Eli said, “Bye bye.” Not in the baby babble, but a full-on “Buh Byeeeee.”

Marianna cried, “Oh yes, my angel. You say bye bye to Marianna. Ah yes. Berry berry smart you are.”

And I cried, “Yeah. What she said.”

That’s al I got for now. I have to get back to saving the free world for $100,000 sports cars.

p.s. Ever notice that my personification of Marianna is a combo of a nun and Yoda? Very inaccurate, by the way.

p.s.s I don’t have any new photos. So this is another birthday shot.

No comments: