Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve 2013







We rang in the new year at Kitty’s house.  It was a rager that included 2 spilled dog water bowls, 2 spilled orange juices and one baby poop in the tub.  As the children screamed and crammed cookie after cookie into their mouths, I never felt happier in my life. 

2013 had its downs.  Some pretty big ones if you keep up with the blog.  But it also had 3 big ups.  And as my custom at the end of the year, I’ll write a little letter to each of my ups.

Dear Elijah,

You are becoming more like your mom every day.  Which means you are becoming more beautiful, hilarious, kind, loving and whip smart every day.  As much as I hate the fact that you are growing more independent and getting a life beyond these four walls, I love seeing how much joy you bring everyone you encounter.  You light up every room.  You make people laugh so easily.

I love you so much. 

Dear Luca,

On the flip side, you are becoming more like me every day.  Your imagination and love of playing remind me so much of myself when I was 4.  You dive into you worlds of Batman and Rescue Bots so fully. 

Your personality is so huge.  Our walls literally vibrate with your shrieks of delight.  Just this morning, your announcement of a dry diaper was the most important thing in the world.

I love you so much.

Dear Diana,

Holy crap.  You have done it all over the last year.  Business owner.  Home builder.  Family wrangler.  Husband consoler.  I have no idea where you got your energy and how you did it day after day.

I honestly wouldn’t be able to get out of bed if it wasn’t for you.  Your unbreakable mission to keep this family happy and healthy is simply awe inspiring.  You get more beautiful every day.

I love you so much.

No comments: