Thursday, September 1, 2011

Boba Fett


It’s been a while since we’ve talked about Star Wars here at HamannEggs. Mostly because I’m the only one in the house that still loves it. Let’s me re-phrase that. I’m the only on in the house who plays Star Wars correctly.

Allow me to explain.

Last night, Elijah and Luca were in a nice warm bubble bath. Luca had just finished whizzing all over his brother and the subject of playing Star Wars guys came up.

“Let’s get it on!” I shouted.

Luca chose Darth Vader, because that’s the only guy he knows by name. “Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader.”

I tried to choose Boba Fett, but Elijah demanded he get to play with him. For those of you who don’t know who Boba Fett is, you have my sincere sympathy. But he’s this really tough bounty hunter who all nerds wish they could be when they grow up.

Anyhoo, Eli chose Boba and I chose an evil Storm Trooper. And then we started playing. Here’s Elijah’s take on Star Wars.

Cunning Boba Fett was afraid to go swimming in the swimming pool. And he needed his friend, The Storm Trooper, to hold his hand and tell him everything was going to be okay.

I kept trying to steer the conversation back to Star Wars Cannon. “Boba Fett! Let’s uh, stop holding hands and go kill us some rebels!”

“But I’m scared of the pool and bubbles are scary and I want you to hold my hand so I’m not scared anymore.”

“As you wish.”

No comments: