Friday, April 23, 2010

I Did It!


Ha ha. I did it! I finally did it! I broke through Luca’s austere exterior shell and made him laugh like a lunatic. Not just the heart shattering smile or the equally heart shattering “Ge” noise. I got a full on laugh until you cannot breathe fit from him. Take that, baby who is so good he doesn’t get that many HamannEggs posts!

How did I do it? A witty quip about the sorry state of our society? A Star Wars pun? My rendition of “The Aristocrats?” Nope.

I gave him a zerbert. What is a “zerbert,” you may ask? Well this is the official Urban Dictionary definition:

"Creating a seal between a human mouth and flesh (commonly the stomach or arm) and then blowing, producing a fart-like sound. This word was made popular by Bill Cosby on his hit TV show, the Bill Cosby Show. For most people, it tickles like mad on the stomach, which is what makes it so much fun. Try it out.”

The other night when I got home to relieve Pam from baby duty, I distracted Elijah by suggesting he go destroy something in the name of “Being a Star Wars,” and tossed Luca on his changing table and removed his soggy D.

For some reason, he had forgotten he needs to be an angry ball of baby twine before he goes to bed and was smiling and flopping around like a happy fish. So I started with my “Boo” and “Goo,” but was unable to get anything more than a chirp.

Then I noticed his bare stomach. Just begging to get zerberted. So I went in. He began laughing like a crazy person. So hard that I was fearful he’d pee on me. He didn’t but it would’ve been worth it.

Eventually, the hysterics pulled Eli away from whatever he was destroying and he climbed up the changing table like a ladder. “Again!” he shouted. So I obliged both of them. Zerbert. “Again! Again!”

Luca soon went to sleep without a single cry. He was exhausted. And had well defined abs.

No comments: