Friday, March 28, 2008

Huggery



Elijah has discovered the power of the hug. He can melt iron simply by putting his arms around someone’s neck. And he gives out hugs like they are candy. He’ll stand up on his changing table and throw a hug (which is gross when he has a poopy diaper). He’ll pull himself up on your legs and reach up for the hug. He’ll wake you up with the early morning hug. All awesome.

BUT THE ONLY PERSON HE GIVES HUGS TO IS DIANA! BIGGEST GYP EVER!

Eli wouldn’t give me a hug if I were on fire. Wait. That doesn't make sense. Anyhoo, every time I try to get some baby huggery he squirms out of my arms like a wet seal.

Yeah yeah, Diana is the mommy and by law deserves the lion's share of hugs, but I should at least get a hug for waking up at 5:30 this morning.

I did get a head butt. Which I’ll take.

HamannEggs will be off the air next week. The family is headed to Mexico for a much needed break. Diana’s mom was sick this week and there’s only a 50/50 chance she’ll make it to Mexico with us. So use your good will powers to make sure she’s able to come with us, if only to watch Eli while I re-discover why I hate tequila.

I hope this photo of Eli’s butt will tide you over.

No comments: