Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rock Hands



All Elijah and Luca want to do is rock.  Is that so much to ask?  Every time we get in the car, they beg me to find some rock music on the radio.  With the intention of turning it up to “make it sound like a concert” levels.

Thankfully, there is a local station, 91.7 on your fm dial, that plays almost exclusively rock from the 70’s, 80’s and today.  In fact, there is a 99.9% chance they are playing AC/DC at this very minute.  And I defy you to show me something cuter than Luca singing, “Dirty deeds…done dirty cheap,” in his best devil voice.

When we crank up the rock, we open the windows wide and howl at the top of our lungs.  Eli also added sticking his hand out the window and assuming the rock hand gesture. You know, the one where your first finger and pinky finger are in the air and you fold your thumb over the other two fingers?  The rock gesture.

It disturbs many a passersby to see a little six year old hand rock gesturing out the window of a Subaru Forester.  But it delights me to no end.

On Sunday night, we were rocking out again, but this time in our house.  I was playing hit after hit.  The kids were screaming and the dog was agitated.  Luca asked me to take my old guitar off its dust collecting perch and let him pretend to play.  I almost cried. 

Eli, on the other hand, declared he was our official family band drummer.  We apparently have a family band now.  I had to act fast or be relegated to bass.

“I’m the lead singer!” I shouted a little too enthusiastically.

In perfect pitch, Diana sang, “Match my tone…match my tone…match my tone…La…la…laaaaaaaa.”

Keep your eyes peeled for world tour dates.

No comments: