Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pee Poo Pee


Last evening, I attempted to give Diana one half of an hour of peace without any men. This was no small feat. So I created the following game.

I positioned Elijah on our bed. Next, I put Luca in a bouncy seat about two and a half feet away from the bed. Finally, I put Grover in Eli’s room across the hall. And here is a typical round.

Step one. Smash Eli in the face with a pillow. Hard enough that he falls on the bed.

Step two. Run across the room, stopping at Luca’s bouncy seat and gently kick it to get it rocking.

Step three. Grab a rotten dog toy and toss it down the stairs. Grover crashes down after it.

Step four. Run back to the bed, where Eli has recovered and start round 2.

This created a perpetual motion machine of laughing, falling and bouncing that remarkably kept all three, well all four, Hamann men occupied long enough for Diana to get caught up on her phone calls and emails.

About halfway through, I said to Eli, “This is fun!”

He responded, “Yeah!”

I said, “What should we call this game?”

“Pee poo pee!”

Of course. I am in the process of lining up a professional Pee Poo Pee league. But it’s hard to round up enough men, babies, two year olds and dogs. So far, all I have is Barry Bonds and Rin Tin Tin.

No comments: