Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pretend


Sorry again, gang. I’ve been out of town and haven’t been able to witness any Elijah silliness. But when I got home last night, Diana gave me a real doozy.

Diana was in the kitchen when she heard Eli talking to himself in the living room. She peeked in on him and discovered him pretending to talk on his toy cell phone.

Wait a sec. I have been waiting patiently for Eli to start pretending. I spent the majority of my childhood pretending to be Han Solo, so I’m excited at the prospect of adopting likeness of cowboys or astronauts or wookees with my son. Pretending to be a dude on the phone isn’t exactly what I had in mind, but at least it’s a start.

Anyhoo, Di caught Eli pretending to speak with his girlfriend Ryan. Remember Ryan? “Rhonnnnaaaaa!” The conversation went word for word like this:

“Ryan? What up?”

“What up, Ryan?”

“Hi Ryan, what up?”

“Ryan! I have a poopy pants!”

At which point he slapped his toy phone shut and yelled for Diana to change his diaper.

I honestly cannot decide what is more hilarious. The fact that he is the only person in our family to ever say the words “What up?” or the fact that he needed to tell his girlfriend he dumped in his diaper before his mother.

I don’t have any photos of Eli pretending to be on the phone. All I have is another one from the zoo, where he is hugging a goat. But I’m fairly sure he has a load in his pants.

No comments: