Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day Of School



Elijah goes to school now. Huh? Come again? I know I’ve been busy, but did I suddenly miss three years of his life? I’m dumbfounded. School. To be clear, he is technically going to pre pre school. But…sheesh. Here, let me turn down the Harry Chapin that’s on a permanent loop on my itunes and give you the lowdown.

Eli goes to school three days a week at the YMCA. Now, there are two distinct comedy routes I can go here when poking fun at the YMCA. I can either go the Disco-anthem route or the scary transient hotel route. Let’s see if I can do both. Stay tuned.

As you can guess, Diana was way more unhappy than Eli was on the big drop off this morning (I had an 8:30 meeting and couldn’t attend. Mr. Chapin, that’s your cue). But Elijah had a lot going for him. First, his girlfriend Ryan (“Rhonnna!”) is in his class. Second, there is apparently lots of plastic food to play with. Third, his teachers are really nice. I think their names are “Construction Worker,” “Police Man” and “Weird Mustached Biker Guy” (That takes care of the Disco-anthem joke).

By the photographs though, I can see a little trepidation in Eli’s eyes. It’s a little surprising given his propensity to shout, “Hi! I Eli!” to complete strangers. It may be because it’s dawning on him that he’ll potentially be attending school for the next 20 years. Or it could be the hobo asleep on his nap mat (Scary Transient Hotel joke! I win!).

As you can tell, I have absolutely no idea what happened at Eli’s first day of school. I plan on getting the full low down tonight. I’ll hopefully post a less asinine blog tomorrow.

p.s. Today’s photos are what Eli wanted to wear to school and what Diana forced him to wear to school. See if you can tell which is which.

No comments: