Friday, June 27, 2008

Where Does He Get This Stuff?



Diana and I have very different styles of teaching Elijah. I’ll describe each and see if you can guess who does which.

Teacher #1 engages the baby throughout the day with little life lessons. “Eli, these are your shoes. The Velcro attaches them to your feet. See?”

Teach #2 lays on the floor, points at things and shouts. “Shoe! Shoe! Shoe blue! Filled with, uh, goo!”

Thankfully, Eli gets most of his learnin’ from Teacher #1. And, as you’ve most likely read, he’s smart as a whip. He’s got lots of words (five), including a new one. But for the life of me I can’t remember his new word. I think it’s “Braunschweiger.” He also can open things, figure out things and manipulate his parents at a 5th Grade Level.

But every once in a while, he picks something up that I know neither I nor Di taught him. Like, for instance, he can blow kisses now. Yeah. That’s right. We have a miniature Chuck Woolery on our hands.

Di took him to the grocery store the other day and the little monkey started blowing kisses to everyone within a cute-radius of 15 yards. Shoppers, baggers and old people escaping the heat starting dropping like flies from cute overload.

Luckily, he got bored and started screaming. Which, as we all know, is the ultimate cute antidote.

Mmmwaaah.

No comments: