Friday, December 28, 2018

Vacation 2018


Hey everybody! The Hamanns are going to Mexico! What? Yes. I am aware that we just purchased a cabin. Yes. I am aware we haven’t spent more than 24 hours there. What are you, the vacation police? We made these plans before the cabin was a glimmer in Diana’s eyes. But yes, I get your point. We’ll probably not be doing another big Christmas trip again.

Until next year.

In anticipation of our trip, we watched “Home alone.” KEVIN!

As you can see from the photo, I was in charge of packing the boys and me. Great packing job or the greatest packing job? You decide.

Our airport shuttle was all set to pick us up at 7:30am. Plenty of time to make our flight. I, however, woke up at 7:15am. KEVIN! I started screaming, “Up! Up! We’re missing it! We’re missing vacation!”

Diana casually turned the shower on. No! No showers. Only panic. She ignored me and stepped in.

I had more luck with the boys, because I am bigger than them.  I shoved them around the house, badgering them to get shoes on and get sweatshirts now.

Diana asked me to help her move the gigantic suitcase that is perpetually 5 pounds over the airline limit. I scraped it along her big toe, sheering off a good chunk of the nail. That got her moving.

The airport car showed up and I tried to stall the driver by very slowly taking our luggage out one piece at a time. He didn’t seem to care. I went back inside to find Diana and Eli having a huge argument over a sweatshirt. Diana was so angry she did that thing where she gets right in your face and growls. That’s the spirit! Luca smartly got his stuff together without complaint.

We finally got everyone outside and after all that pain and suffering were still an hour and a half early for the flight. Yes! Hamann time.

The flight was wonderful and our hotel is great. We spend much of today going for the world record in catching a football while leaping into the pool.

My abs hurt from sucking in my gut.

In other news, our awesome neighbors are watching Grover. They have a new puppy named Gracie and according to reports, Grover and Gracie have begun a passionate May-September love affair. Grover’s still got it.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised about Grover, of course he has it. Grandma Sharon knows dogs. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy. Can't wait for your next blog and Rick let it all hang out. No one there will know you.