Monday, November 26, 2012

THREE!




Luca turned three yesterday.  How in the world does this keep happening?  Didn’t we have an agreement?  Weren’t we all going to stay one and a half until I died? 

I just love this kid so much.  He was genuinely surprised that we got him presents.  He kept saying, “What the heck?  Presents?  What the heck?”

Of course, he received a very loud, very bright fire truck that did not leave his side.  He also received a plastic castle with knights, and swords and a little catapult.  This was part of my ten year plan to get him into Dungeons and Dragons by age 13.  Surprisingly, he liked it.  Elijah LOVED it.  He actually eschewed messing around on the computer so he could fight me over the little plastic drawbridge.  And yes, I loved the castle most of all.

We decided as part of a new family tradition, we would eat spaghetti and meatballs and a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake by candlelight. 

We held hands and each said what we love about Luca.  Eli, in a surprising show of brotherly love said, “I love Luca because he is crazy and funny.”  Diana said she loved him because he is trying hard not to hit and he is her special little guy.

I’ll write what I said last night.

Luca, I love you because you are pure.  You are the purest expression of joy and laughter and insanity.  The purest expression of imagination, passion and play.  I love you, pal.  I’m so lucky to be your dad.




No comments: