Thursday, November 1, 2007

Funny ha ha



One of the greatest days of my life was when Elijah decided to laugh. The kid could poop gold and I’d still prefer to hear his goofy, squeaky chirps.

But here’s the rub. He thinks I’m mildly amusing, but he finds Diana freaking hilarious.

Now, I don’t want to split hairs but when Diana and I got married we decided that she was going to be the pretty one, the smart one and the charming one. But I got to be the funny one. And now in our son’s eyes she’s Red Buttons.

Last night, due to all the Halloween excitement and non-sleeping, Elijah got so worked up he puked in his crib. So Di had to change his sheets while I rocked the boy. Watching Di stretch cloth over a mattress caused Eli to double over in laughter. No, she wasn’t changing sheets in a clown nose, or in an “I’m with Stupid” t-shirt. But Eli was howling.

And this morning, while Diana tried to feed him, Eli was laughing so hard that food would not stay in his mouth.

I gotta step up my game. If I’m not the funny one, where does that leave me? The stinky one? No, that’s Grover.

No comments: